Your Safe Visit in Kleinwalsertal
Entry & return
Information on travel regulations for Guests
- No registration (pre-travel clearance) is required to travel to Kleinwalsertal. Kleinwalsertal is exempt from the Austrian entry regulations.
- To check-in at a hotel, holiday apartment or campsite, you always need proof (tested, recovered or vaccinated). More information on this here.
- Please note that a vacation or day trip always depends on the regulations in your home town. Please contact the responsible authorities for information about the regulations for the outward and return journey.
You can find helpful information for travelers in the EU at https://reopen.europa.eu/en
- Return to Germany: Kleinwalsertal is NOT a risk area. It is excluded from the travel warning (Robert Koch Institute / Federal Foreign Office). You can therefore, travel back to Germany without a digital entry registration, corona test or quarantine requirement.
- Return to Switzerland: Vorarlberg is currently NOT on the list of risk countries for the Swiss Federal Office of Public Health. This means that there is no registration or quarantine obligation for those returning from Kleinwalsertal.
Return to Netherlands: Austria has been given the country code yellow "safe countries" by the Dutch authorities. This means that travelers from Austria (if you have stayed there for the last 10 days or in another safe country) can enter the Netherlands free of tests and quarantine.
Testing & aCCESS
Information on Covid-19-testing options for guests
Troughout your summer vacation a metaphorical safety net exists in Kleinwalsertal. In addition to prevention and hygiene concepts in our companies, access verification according to the principles of the "Grüner Pass" (green pass) - tested, recovered, vaccinated - are mandatory.
- On arrival: check-in at the accommodation
- When using other services in the accommodation (e.g. breakfast, massage, etc.), current / valid test result (or proof of recovery / vaccination)
- When visiting restaurants, events, other leisure facilities and services (e.g. hairdresser)
- Applies to children from the age of 10
The following certificates are valid as verification:
- Negative Covid-19 test certificate
- Recovery certificate
- Vaccination certificate
These can be presented in paper form or in digital form, e.g. on a smartphone.
Validity of the certificates:
- Negative Covid-19 test certificate
- PCR-test: 72 hours
- Antigen test with professional observation (e.g. test station or in your accommodation): 48 hours
- Antigen-self-test (living room | home test) with digital registration: 24 hours
- Supervised self-test in your accommodation(without Registering): valid only for one-time access and the duration of the stay in the respective accommodation (max. 24 hours, is only offered occasionally)
- Recovery certificate
- Medical confirmation, official quarantine notice: not older than 6 months
- Antibody test: not older than 3 months
- Vaccination certificate
- First vaccination: valid from the 22nd day after the vaccination for 3 months (if you had COVID-19 for 9 months 21 days before the first vaccination)
- Second vaccination: valid for 9 months from the first vaccination as proof
- Vaccinations where only one vaccination is planned: Valid from the 22nd day after the vaccination for 9 months as proof
Self-test with digital registration
- For easy and quick testing, you have the option of self-testing for digital registration in the Vorarlberg portal (german language only). You will receive the tests at your accommodation.
- The tests are provided with a QR code, which enables the test result to be reported in the Vorarlberg portal, so that you receive an official test certificate.
- The test result can be reported online, ideally via smartphone or tablet, to the Vorarlberg Covid portal. You will then receive a test certificate, valid for 24 hours. This type of test serves as verification in the respective company as well as in other facilities / services in Kleinwalsertal.
- For multiple tests during your stay, it is recommended to create a user account on the Vorarlberg Covid portal prior to arrival.
- You can find a tutorial here (german language only).
Guests without a smartphone / tablet can reserve an appointment for an antigen test in the test station in the Walserhaus in Hirschegg by phone:
Antigen test or self-test under supervision (free of charge)
- In the test station in the Walserhaus in Hirschegg, guests and locals can take a free antigen test which is carried out by medical staff or take a supervised self-test.
- As an entry test, the antigen test is valid for 48 hours and a supervised self-test is valid for 48 hours from the test.
- An appointment is required for the rapid antigen test and the self-test. You decide on site which test you want to take.
Opening times of the test station in the Walserhaus for rapid antigen test & self-test under supervision:
- Monday: 4:00 pm. - 7:00 pm.
- Tuesday: 8:00 am. - 1:30 pm. and 2:00 pm. - 6:00 pm.
- Wednesday - Friday: 10:00 am. - 1:30 pm. and 2:00 pm. - 6:00 pm.
- Saturday: 8:00 am. - 1:30 pm. and 2:00 pm. - 4:00 pm.
PCR test (for a fee)
- You can also do a PCR gargle test in the test station in the Walserhaus. Costs are EUR 85.00 per test (no cash payment, only card payment on site).
- Registration for the PCR test at www.mobiler-covid-test.at
- After registering for the first time, you will receive a QR code by email. This QR code remains valid and can be used multiple times.
- You do not have to make an appointment for the PCR test. Simply go to the test station in the Walserhaus during the opening times for PCR testing with the QR code (printed out or on your smartphone) and valid photo ID.
- Doctors in Kleinwalsertal also offer a PCR test (EUR 150.00) or a rapid antigen test (EUR 30.00) by appointment. More information on the doctors.
Opening times of the test station in the Walserhaus for PCR gargle test with a fee:
- Thursday: 9:00 am. to 11:00 pm.
- Thursday: 2:00 pm. - 4:00 pm.
- Friday: 10:00 am. to 12:00 pm.
Important Information on your accommodation
- Upon arrival / check-in, in addition to the usual registration for registration and contact tracking, you will need proof of access (tested, recovered, or vaccinated). This applies to children from the age of 10:
- Negative test evidence
- Vaccination certificate from day 22 after the first vaccination, valid for 3 months
- Proof of recovery not older than 6 months / antibody test not older than 3 months
- We have summarized all the details about the access tests for you here.
- For the use of the gastronomy in the hotel or breakfast in your guesthouse as well as for other services such as massages, an update of the access test must be carried out on site every 2 days (if your stay exceeds the validity of your access certificate on arrival and no corresponding proof of vaccination or recovery present).
- The FFP2 mask protects you and others in generally accessible areas (FFP2 from 14 years, normal mouth and nose protection from 6 years, children up to 6 years without mask).
- According to Austrian regulations, the minimum distance of 1 meter applies in Kleinwalsertal, except for people from the same household.
- Employees have themselves tested regularly (at least every 7 days) for Covid-19 and wear tight-fitting mouth and nose protection, unless there is, for example, a high-quality spatial protection device at the reception
- In addition, each company has its own prevention concept and a Covid-19 officer.
These preventive measures for a safe summer vacation are expected to apply until the end of June, and a relaxation of the rules can be expected from the beginning of July.
- With participating hosts, you can enjoy flexible cancellation conditions as part of Flexi-Book.
- There is free Covid-19 cancellation insurance for all bookings arriving by 31st October 2021. This means:
- In the event of a Covid 19 infection or an officially ordered quarantine for you or your family members in the common household, your vacation is insured prior to departure.
- The insurance applies automatically, you do not have to do anything. An insured event must be reported in writing to Allianz Travel within 48 hours or 2 working days. Details on the free cancellation insurance can be found here.
- For optimal insurance protection, we also recommend taking out travel insurance, e.g. from Europäische Reiseversicherung.
Information for Visiting Restaurants, Cafés and Huts
- Catering establishments in Kleinwalsertal are currently open indoors and outdoors during the day and early evening.
- Required for visiting restaurants or cafés is a negative Covid-19 test certificate, vaccination certificate or recovery certificate are valid as verification. All information about the test offer in Kleinwalsertal can be found here.
- Children from the age of 10 currently require a proof of test certificate.
- Please wear an FFP2 mask, except when you are sitting at the table (FFP2 from 14 years, MNS from 6 years).
- Register with your contact details. The majority of businesses in Kleinwalsertal use a digital QR code solution from mtms Solutions. You don't need an app for this, all recorded data will be deleted after 28 days.
- There should be a distance of 1 meter between the groups of visitors.
- Indoors: Maximum of 8 adults (plus 6 underaged children) per group - without restriction to different households.
- Outdoors: Maximum of 16 adults (plus 10 underaged children) per group - without restriction to different households.
- If possible, reserve a table in advance.
- Follow the general hygiene rules.
- Employees in the catering industry regularly tested themselves for Covid-19 and wear tight-fitting mouth and nose protection.
- It is still possible to pick up meals without a test.
Cable Cars & Lifts
Information about Cable Cars & Lifts
- You do not need verification (tested, recovered or vaccinated) to use the cable cars and lifts on Austrian site, but need to have it with you for visiting restaurants or huts.
- You currently do not need verification to use the cable cars or visiting restaurants on the German side as long as the incidence in Oberallgäu is below 50.
- Please, wear an FFP2 mask in waiting areas and cabins
- The following applies to the facilities in Oberstdorf (Bavaria): FFP2 obligation from 15 years, MNS obligation from 5 years
- The following applies to the facilities in Kleinwalsertal (Vorarlberg): FFP2 oblication 14 years, MNS obligation from 6 years
- For the employees of the OK Bergbahnen there is a test concept tailored to the area of application.
- Further information on the safety measures can be found on the OK Bergbahnen website.
IMportant Information regarding the Walserbus
- Please wear a FFP2 mask on the bus and at the stops (FFP2 from 14 years, MNS from 6 years).
- Keep a distance of minimum 1 meter where possible and follow the general hygiene rules.
- All buses are cleaned and disinfected daily.
- All buses were equipped with highly efficient virus filter systems from EvoBus. In addition, a powerful air conditioning system ensures a constant exchange of air with a short circulation time of 3-4 minutes.
- For additional fresh air, the doors at numerous stops are opened every 2-5 minutes.
- Repeater buses are used at peak times.
- The Walserbus scouts are helpful contacts for all questions about the Walserbus. They also pay attention to compliance with the corona measures on the buses and at the stops.
For legal reasons, it is not possible to limit the number of passengers for public transportation. Despite a high frequency and the use of repeater buses, the Walserbus can reach capacity limits at certain times during the high season. If that happens, please wait few minutes for the next bus or plan your day anticyclically.
Retailer, Rental and Hairstylists
Information for visiting Shops, rental, hairstylists and cosmetics
- All shops in Kleinwalsertal are open.
- A compulsory Antigen-test is NOT required to enter a shop for the purpose of purchase and/or rental.
- Protect yourself and other visitors by wearing an FFP2 mask (FFP2 from 14 years, MNS from 6 years).
- The number of customers in the shops is limited and there are organized queuing areas.
- Please reserve bicycles & rental equipment in advance online or by phone to avoid waiting times on site. Use online check-in if possible.
- All rental items are cleaned and disinfected after use.
- Please follow general hygiene rules and the minimum distance requirements.
- Hairstylists are open and close-to-body services (cosmetics, pedicures,massages, etc.) may be offered
- Proof (tested, recovered or vaccinated) is required. Children from the age of 10 currently require a proof of test certificate. All information about the test offer in Kleinwalsertal can be found here.
- Please wear a FFP2 maks, unless it is not possible due to the natur of the service.
- Number of customers in stores is limited.
- Please follow general hygiene and minimum distance.
Important information on guided tours
All guided tours, organized by Kleinwalsertal Tourismus eGen and its partners, take place in compliance with general hygiene and preventive measures.
- A participation requirement is a negative Covid-19 test certificate, vaccination or recovery certificate (applies to children from the age of 10). All information about the test offer in Kleinwalsertal can be found here.
- small groups (probably max. 6 - 9 people plus guide)
- A distance of 1 meter is no problem in the Walser countryside.
- Please take your FFP2 mask with you.
- Participant registration & contact tracing.
INFORMATION About DOCTORS IN KLEINWALSERTAL
Please make an appointment by phone during office hours.
The doctor on duty can be reached outside office hours via the telephone number given below.
- Dr. Elmar Lingg - Phone: 0043-5517-34000
- Dr. Andreas Grote - Phone: 0043-5517-3470
- Dr. Lukas Fritz - Phone: 0043-5517-30800
- Outside office hours: - Phone: 0043-5517-5315-141
When suffering from signs of illness (ce.g. cough, breathing difficulties, fever, runny nose, sore throat or ear), please call one of the doctors.